Advert

Friday 21 November 2014

LIPSTICK COMPARE: Candy Yum Yum Versus Sweetie


As a makeup artist I like to organize and clean my makeup box way before any event I am covering. So in the spirit of cleaning up, I check expiry dates and replace some products. Two weeks before Mariam’s wedding, I went to Kuddy Cosmetics to get some new makeup products. I had to write a list so I am not tempted to buy more than I needed, as there’s always the temptation to keep buying and buying, there’s always something new and exciting at Kuddy’s. One of the products on my list was the MAC Candy Yum Yum lipstick. While i was going through some lipsticks displayed on the side while allowing the sales girl check for the Candy Yum Yum  I requested for, the Owner of Kuddy Cosmetics, Alhaja Kudi, asked me if I had tried the new KUDDY SWEETIE and handed it over to me. It was my first time hearing about KUDDY’s  Sweetie lipstick, so I was curious. Truth is I had to look at the cover and the bottom of the lipstick to tell that it wasn’t MAC’s CANDY Yum Yum, It was everything I wanted, so bright, very neon pink and way affordable. So I found myself struggling to choose between the two as I kept comparing both products. After much time talking to Alhaja Kudi  about Sweetie, I decided to give KUDDY’s SWEETIE a try, it doesn’t necessarily have to be Western to be good, Yes, it’s Nigerian, Let me patronize what’s ours…..those were my thoughts.






Long Lasting
Just like Candy Yum-Yum, its long lasting power comes from its matte finish. I used it on Mariam's Nikah Makeover; I only had to touch up a few places after she had a meal. It barely smeared, so no full reapplication was needed throughout the event.

Colour
Just like Candy Yum-Yum, Sweetie has the ability to light up your face in an instant, it has this exciting adrenaline-rush-kinda feeling. It’s beautiful on any skin tone, light or dark alike. It screams out just like Candy Yum Yum, like HEY look at my Lips! It doesn’t need to seek attention, it is attention itself.

Texture on the Lips
Candy Yum Yum has a tendency to cause you to flake or peel if you do not apply a lip balm first.  However Sweetie is better in this regard, its texture is slightly creamy and soft, you don’t necessarily need a lip balm to make this work.


Affordable
No doubt I give this one to Sweetie. It’s everything you want in Candy Yum Yum and more yet affordable. So you save more and still pop that pink barbie doll lips. What more could a girl ask for? 


***For women out there that fall into the dark range or for people with full blown lips, a lip liner is your best friend if you want to apply either Sweetie or Candy Yum Yum. If you put it on fully without lining your lips, you may look really weird. Adding a lip liner makes it look really beautiful.

Please drop your opinion in the comment section on which one you’d prefer and if you have tried either of the two products being reviewed.

13 comments:

  1. D lip is lukin as if it's breakin @ d kuddy's yummy pix, but diers sometin abt mac it's just perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the texture of her lip though not the lipstick actually.

      Delete
  2. Sory,pls try it on d same lips,dats wen I can finally choose one

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mac picture looks smoother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yea...i think I will get a better photo for kuddys

      Delete
  4. The mac is still purfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mac pic looks smoother than Kudi's. At least its a nice attempt coming from a Nigerian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the lips wearing the kid's is a bit cracked or dried.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the lips wearing the kudi's is a bit cracked or dried.

    ReplyDelete