Advert

Saturday 25 October 2014

Purple Smoky Drama......My before and After



In the spirit of playing with colours, I decided to create a purple smoky look. Smoky eyes have been a huge trend for a while now and show no sign of dying. Always remember that when going smoky eyed, blending is the key to perfection.
A smoky eye doesn’t necessarily or always have to be created with black eye shadow. For a random smoky look pair a light coloured eyeshadow and a dark coloured one: colours like gold and brown, silver and navy blue, light blue and dark blue, silver and black etc…..it all depends on you.
 
Here's How I did Mine:

*Cleansed my face with a facial  wipe  


Before




*Fixed the single false lashes (optional):
           I like the single lashes because it looks more natural than the strip type,  although it's not too easy to fix on one's self. It takes contant practise.
             I fixed this myself; to the left is the eye with the false individual lashes while to the right is the eye with my natural lashes.

Both eyes; to the Left has the flase lashes, to the right is my natural lashes


*Worked on my eyelid
        Used an eye shadow base (also known as eye shadow primer)
        Applied the purple eye shadow with the aid of my eyeshadow brush to every part of my eyelid.
        Then applied the black eyeshadow on the edge of my eyelid


*Contoured my face:
Using a concealer lighter than my shade and blended thoroughly

       


Contouring and Blending


*Carved my brows and outlined it with my concealer to make it stand out; concealer should be a shade or two light than you actual skin tone.

Left eye without False lashes

Right eye with False Lashes
*Applied an eyeliner
*Applied mascara
*Created a solid finish with my powder; I used two shades of powder for contouring.
*Bronzer for shimmery effect(optional, I didn't apply to create this look)
*Blush to my cheeks: make this as light as possible so you don't over do it
*Applied lip colours


And


VOILA!!!

 
Purple smokey eyes with soft pink lips

Purple smokey eyes with red lips



Purple smokey eyes with purple lips




Purple smokey eyes with nude brown lips

What do you think and which is your favourite combination?

13 comments:

  1. Love the smokey eye with the soft pink lips, welldone Omata ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oby.....between, she makes the best cakes ever.....call her BIMBIMZ on 08035378050

      Delete
  2. Pink lips goes better wiv a purple eyeshadow...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niceeeeee oremi Mk ip artist

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the one with the brown nude color. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo my love... you look amazing, I love all but the soft pink lips most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my love....between, she's the best skin care expert, designer and Makeup artist. Call her on 07031551422

      Delete